The Hilarious Comedy about Relationships, Love & Marriage!
By Annabelle Gurwitch and Jeff Kahn
Starring Robin Abramson and Gregory Johnstone
National Press Contact: Dana Matthow
"'Shut Up' never does, and that's a GOOD thing!"
- Charlotte Observer
"The 80 minute play flies by…in the end, neither Kahn nor Gurwitch wins. The winner is the audience!"
- Buffalo News
"Strikes directly to the funny bone…After 80 intermissionless minutes, you really know Kahn and Gurwitch, more to the point, you'd want to know them!"
- Lawrence Toppman, Charlotte Observer
"A quirky true-to-life comedy and a candid look at the inside of a marriage. Jeff and Annabelle find humor in the truth about themselves, their parenting skills, and what it really takes to survive marriage and cross the finish line with a wine glass in one hand and your sanity in the other."
- Arts a la Mode
"Bold…humorous and completely refreshing!"
"Raw and comical. Will have you laughing out loud"
"Laugh Out Loud!"
- People Magazine
"Finally, a married couple that doesn't hide behind such tedious traits as personal loyalty, good taste, and an overall sense of decorum!"
- Liz Tuccillo- co-author, He's Just Not That Into You
"Like love letters with more laffs!"
- Media Bistro
"Annabelle Gurwitch and Jeff Kahn are the Lucy and Desi of the Apatow age"
- Lauren Lonnatti, Marie Claire Magazine
"Strong couples, who are able to laugh at themselves, can make it through almost anything."
- The Massachusetts Republican
- Tampa Bay Online
- Fox 6 Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Gazette - 'Tomato' shows humor can save a relationship!
- Des Moines Register - 'Tomato' isn't your typical date night play!
- Buffalo News - You Say Tomato Arrives!
- Buffalo Eyewitness News interviews our cast!
- Charlotte Observer - Marital Comedy? Shut Up!
- Fox News Charlotte
- WCNC TV - Charlotte
- Naples Daily News - Comedy about married life brings big laughs to the Phil
- CBS News in Cleveland - [Tomato] is fun and laugh out loud funny!
- Cleveland Examiner - Marital hand to hand combat at its best!
- Queens Tribune - Marriage Memoir Debuts In Queens
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - 'You Say Tomato' finds comedy in spouses' differences
- Des Moines Register - "Tomato" delivers by the pound!
- Buffalo News - Flawless acting enlivens a familiar story
- Charlotte Observer - "Shut Up" Never does, and that's a boon!
- Arts a la Mode
- Creative Loafing